The formation of the Virginia Harp Center was a result of the perfect merger of a businessman and a professional harpist. For 20 years, David D'Arville was the owner of Southern Music Center, a successful Richmond-based music store. Mary Jane D'Arville graduated from Carnegie-Mellon University with a Masters of Music in Harp Performance. A harpist in both Richmond and Charlottesville Symphony Orchestras, she has over 20 years of
free-lancing and teaching experience at all levels. Their marriage in January 1996, brought them together in realizing many dreams, including the fruition of The Virginia Harp Center.
Why buy from us?
The Virginia Harp Center takes great pride in offering personal assistance to our customers. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is dedicated to keeping our customers happy with excellent service. We offer the following services to make your harp buying experience an enjoyable one:
- a wide selection of harps to choose from
- generous trade-in values
- A trade up policy for any lever harp purchased from VHC to any new pedal harp we carry
- first regulation on new pedal harps
- many different financing options
- a large lever harp rental selection
- a rental credit towards purchase policy
- a free catalog and newsletter
Call, stop by or come visit us at one of the many regional shows where we exhibit up and down the East Coast! You'll see why Virginia Harp Center is the place to go for your next harp purchase.