How to Tune a Pedal Harp
February 19, 2018
Megan from our New Jersey Showroom demonstrates how to turn your pedal harp. Check out this video below and download our Pedal Harp tuning chart here: pedal harp tuning chart
How to Tune a Lever Harp
August 7, 2017
Megan from our New Jersey Showroom demonstrates how to properly tune your lever harp. This is an easy step-by-step guide for beginning harpists and even parents of young harpists.
Things you will need:
- Tuning Key
- Digital Chromatic Tuner – we prefer to use a Korg at our stores.
- The first step is to make sure all the levers are in the down position.
- line up your tuning key with the tuning pin on the string you would like to adjust
- If your pitch is too low or flat you need to tighten your string, to raise the pitch and make it sharper turn your tuning key clockwise.
- to make the pitch lower or more flat turn the tuning key counter clockwise
- Using your Digital Chromatic Tuner adjust each string until you achieve your desired pitch shown on the display screen
Follow along with these instructions by watching this video:
Stay tuned to our Facebook and Youtube pages for more video demonstrations and tutorials!