Megan from our New Jersey Showroom demonstrates how to properly tune your lever harp. This is an easy step-by-step guide for beginning harpists and even parents of young harpists.
Things you will need:
- Tuning Key
- Digital Chromatic Tuner – we prefer to use a Korg at our stores.
- The first step is to make sure all the levers are in the down position.
- line up your tuning key with the tuning pin on the string you would like to adjust
- If your pitch is too low or flat you need to tighten your string, to raise the pitch and make it sharper turn your tuning key clockwise.
- to make the pitch lower or more flat turn the tuning key counter clockwise
- Using your Digital Chromatic Tuner adjust each string until you achieve your desired pitch shown on the display screen
Follow along with these instructions by watching this video:
Stay tuned to our Facebook and Youtube pages for more video demonstrations and tutorials!